So, those of you who don't know me well yet, you should know that I love to run. It all started back in 2nd grade. KLTY used to always do a Las Colinas Christmas run. There was a 2 mile run that Dad told me he would give me $5 for if I could finish it without running. Wow-that was motivation enought for me! Back then, I could really stretch $5 at The Dollar Store. Well, I ran those two miles that day and I haven't looked back. I have run 3 full marathons (freshman, sophomore, and junior years in college), a 30K, and a half marathon (senior year of nursing school). I was crazy! I even ran up until I was 37 weeks pregnant, and I had Molly at 37 weeks and 4 days. So I was running three days before I had her. Now I am wondering what in the world was wrong with me...I almost pass out after two miles lately. Well, since she has been born, I have tried to pick it back up, and wow....it has been tough! I felt more in shape at 37 weeks pregnant than I do now...not pregnant! My goal is to doa half marathon this winter. Anyone want to join me?
Here is a picture from the other day. Molly was very fussy because she has just had her 2 month shots the day before. I don't know if she was fussy from the shots of the virus that we didn't know she was going to get. That virus ended in a trip to the ER because it was a weekend and she had a fever. With Dicky working in the ER and me being a baby nurse, neither of us really liked the fact that she had a fever and she was two months old. This fever was long after her shots...so it wasn't related. She is all better now. She actually got a virus that I passed onto her. I fely a little bit guilty about that one.
So, back to the post. She wouldn't stop fussing, hadn't slept, and I was about to go crazy. Dicky was at work. I finally thought to myself that she may like the sound of the treatmill and I HAD to do something or I was going to go crazy with all of this crying. This is what happened...
This picture is a little bit blurry, but...she went to sleep!!!
Here is a picture from the other day. Molly was very fussy because she has just had her 2 month shots the day before. I don't know if she was fussy from the shots of the virus that we didn't know she was going to get. That virus ended in a trip to the ER because it was a weekend and she had a fever. With Dicky working in the ER and me being a baby nurse, neither of us really liked the fact that she had a fever and she was two months old. This fever was long after her shots...so it wasn't related. She is all better now. She actually got a virus that I passed onto her. I fely a little bit guilty about that one.
So, back to the post. She wouldn't stop fussing, hadn't slept, and I was about to go crazy. Dicky was at work. I finally thought to myself that she may like the sound of the treatmill and I HAD to do something or I was going to go crazy with all of this crying. This is what happened...




1 comment:
Sarah!
Way to be a creative Mama! I must learn these types of things from you! :) Oh yeah, and I worked out up until the day before I had Anslee...and felt way better in shape then..then I do now! So sad, but I totally feel ya on that one :) I have been loving your blog! The music is awesome!
Post a Comment